How To Download Xbox Games With Gold Games
To be eligible for Xbox Games with Gold you must have either an Xbox Live Gold membership or an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which will include access to Xbox Games with Gold.
These memberships cost:
- Xbox Live Gold – £6.99 / $9.99 / 6.99 per month
- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate – £10.99 / $14.99 / 12.99 per month
Once you’ve got your membership set up, it’s time to download some games!
Xbox Live Gold 2021 Review: Time To Bail After Free
Xbox Live Gold is your gateway to multiplayer on console, with almost two decades the go-to Xbox subscription. With more games than ever built with multiplayer in mind, the online membership ensures you’re getting the best value from your Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S libraries.
But 2021 brings network-wide changes, shaking up the Xbox Live Gold offerings for the latest console generation. Microsoft has lifted the paywall for free-to-play content, axing the mandate for some of the most popular games on the market. Here’s what’s new with Xbox Live Gold for April 2021 and whether the subscription is right for you.
Using The Xbox Website
Recommended Reading: How Much Is A 400 Oz Bar Of Gold Worth
Xbox Live Gold Review:
Xbox Live Gold Subscription
Bottom line: Xbox Live Gold remains a staple essential when using Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S online unless exclusively tied up in free-to-play titles. The value in the subscription comes entirely from its multiplayer perks, with Gold-exclusive rewards on the decline in 2021.
Using Your Xbox Console
Read Also: Listerine For Jock Itch Review
What Are The Xbox Gold With Gold In April 2022
Here are the games that are currently available on Xbox Games with Gold:
- Another Sight – 1st April to 30th April
- Hue – 16th April to 15th May
- Outpost Kaloki X – 1st April to 15th April
- MX vs ATV Alive – 16th April to 30th April
Each game is only available for a certain period of time and, provided you redeem them before they disappear, can be downloaded from your games library at any time.
One Xbox One title will be available all month, while the second will only be available from the 16th of one month to the 15th of the next.
Xbox 360 and Xbox titles, meanwhile, share the month – the first running from the 1st to the 15th of the month, and the second running from the 16th to the end of the month.
Once you’ve redeemed a game, then it’s yours provided you maintain an Xbox Live Gold membership or an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.
Don’t forget – the Xbox One and Series X are backwards compatible, so you can download any Xbox games that become available.
Sign Up For Xbox Live Free Trial
Xbox Live Gold membership running at $9.99/mon is another way you can enjoy the gaming service to the full extent. It packs wide-ranging features like multiplayer, party chats, 4 bonus games each month and exclusive member discounts that will satisfy all your needs at Xbox Live. And the good news is you can have a free test drive for 14 days.
Simply take advantage of the Xbox Live Gold trial when no free deals are found, or use other tricks to unlock Xbox Game Pass for free.
Read Also: 19.99 Kay Jewelers
Activating Your Xbox Live Gold Subscription Via The Microsoft Store App
Do you want to redeem your code through the Microsoft app? Make sure you are signed in with the account you want to redeem the code with!
- Go to the Microsoft Store via the Start button
- In the Microsoft Store you can click on the drop down menu for the option Redeem code
- Enter the code that consists of 25 characters, click next and confirm one last time. Have fun!
How Do I Get A Free Trial Of Xbox Live Gold
- When a person registers an Xbox One or Xbox 360 and creates a Microsoft account, they are given the opportunity to sign up for a free Xbox Live subscription. This first-tier Xbox membership, as the name implies, is free to get but offers restricted features. After that, youll be given the option to upgrade to an Xbox Live Gold subscription. If you want to do so, you will get a free month of Xbox Live Gold. Even if you dont upgrade, youll be prompted to utilize your Xbox Live Gold free trial.
- Free Gold Weekends: Microsoft sometimes offers Free Gold Weekends, during which all Xbox Live Gold subscribers get a free subscription. It is not required that the Xbox One and Xbox 360 have the same gold weekends.
- In-game Promos: Using in-game promotions is another excellent method to obtain a free Xbox Live Gold subscription. Some games come with complimentary Xbox Live Gold trial cards, which are primarily designed to promote online competitive gaming. Free Xbox Live trials are available for 48 hours to 14 days. Users may use each promotional free trial code just once, although they are allowed to use as many as they want/have.
Also Check: War Thunder Cheats Golden Eagles
How To Sign Up For Xbox Live Using An Xbox One Console
1. Boot up your Xbox One and controller. Once it’s powered on, press the Xbox button on your controller.
2. Use your controller to navigate to the “Profile & system” tab, then select “Add new” and press the A button.
3. If you already have a Microsoft account, type in that email address using your controller. If you don’t already have a Microsoft account, select “Get a new email” and press A, then type a new email address . When you’re done, press the Start button.
4. Type your name and press the Start button when you’re finished.
5. Type in the password you want to use with your Xbox Live account. Press the Start button once you’re done. On the next screen, type in the same password and press Start again.
6. Use the controller to select your birth date. Select “Next” and press A when you’re done.
7. Select “Add phone” or “Add email” based on your security preferences, then follow the prompts.
8. When you’re asked to agree to Microsoft’s Services Agreement and Privacy Statement, select “Next” and press A.
9. Confirm which notifications you’d like to receive from Microsoft, then select “Next” and press A.
10. Type in the Gamertag you want to use. This will be how people recognize you on Xbox Live. When you’ve chosen a Gamertag that’s unique, select “Next” and press A.
2. There’ll be several screens like this that ask you to review certain information read them at your own pace, and continue through them by selecting “Next” and pressing A.
After that, you’re ready to play!
On The Xbox One And Xbox 360 How Do You Play Multiplayer
Microsofts Xbox, along with Sonys PlayStation, has been one of the most popular gaming systems for the last two decades. There are two methods to play multiplayer on an Xbox One or Xbox 360. To begin, just grab two remote controllers and settle down to play with a buddy online. Second, you may play multiplayer by accessing online multiplayer game mod.es, which are available in-game. A Xbox Live Gold subscription is required to access the online multiplayer game modes on the Xbox One and Xbox 360. However, how can you get an Xbox Live Gold membership?
You May Like: How To Get More Gold Bars In Candy Crush
How To Convert Your Xbox Live Service To Game Pass Ultimate
- To get in on this complimentary conversion, youll first need to buy an Xbox Live Gold subscription . Microsoft may end the sale of Xbox Live Gold at some point as it funnels players into buying Game Pass Ultimate. But, for now, you can still buy digital codes for the service from Amazon and other retailers in three-, six-, or 12-month increments.
- The next step is to activate the Xbox Live Gold codes on your account, either through Microsofts website or directly through your Xbox One or Series X / S console. Microsoft states that the terms of this promotion are subject to change, so Id do this sooner than later as theres no indication if it may one day stop converting Xbox Live Gold into Game Pass Ultimate.
Once you buy the $1 Game Pass Ultimate trial, your prepaid months of Xbox Live Gold will automatically convert.
- Its now safe to take advantage of the $1 Game Pass Ultimate trial. Once you redeem the offer, youll see something similar to the image above when you click the Services & subscriptions tab of your account on Microsofts site.
While this conversion is not possible with PC Game Pass, the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate plan covers both Xbox and PC. That makes this conversion from Xbox Live Gold an even better value if you play on both platforms.
Update May 16th, 2022, 11:23AM ET: This article was originally published on June 18th, 2019, and has been updated to reflect the current offer.
Xbox Live Gold: What’s Not Good In 2021
While Xbox Live Gold delivers upon all its promises, unlocking the full multiplayer experience on Xbox consoles, the subscription has its shortcomings. For some, it’s the concept of paid multiplayer, whereas free online gaming is an overlooked luxury for many on PC. But the subscription’s current offering has also fallen under scrutiny, especially in light of the recent changes to free-to-play gaming.
While paying for online multiplayer has proven the norm for Xbox, that’s not to say it’s dodged heavy scrutiny at times. According to reputable reports, Microsoft even looked to phase out paid multiplayer back in 2019, as Xbox Game Pass takes the spotlight moving forward. The recent tweaks to free-to-play multiplayer have since materialized in a move that, for some players, could eliminate the need for Xbox Live Gold.
Free-to-play games now make up some of the most popular Xbox games like Fortnite, Call of Duty: Warzone, and Apex Legends. There’s a valid argument to cancel your Xbox Live Gold subscription if among those only using a console for those no-cost titles. That hugely restricts which experiences you can play, but it’s an ideal way to save on your upgoing gaming costs.
Xbox Live Gold’s “Games with Gold” program, offering four free games each month, pales in comparison to Xbox Game Pass offerings.
Recommended Reading: How To Safely Buy Wow Gold
Use Xbox Live Promo Codes
If youre not entitled to a free trial, you can grab an Xbox Live promo code to save. While searching for a working promo code is always troublesome, Coupert does this automatically for you.
Coupert is a free & powerful browser extension that hunts and verifies the best discounts for any sites youre on. Heres how to use it:
BONUS: With Coupert, you can also earn points when you buy from one 7,000+ participating stores, and redeem those points for cash.
How Long Can You Keep An Xbox Games With Gold Game
Once you’ve downloaded an Xbox Games with Gold game, you’ll be able to play it whenever you like. Even if you delete the game, you’ll be able to download it again as part of your subscription.
If you own an Xbox One and cancel your Xbox Live subscription, you’ll no longer be able to access your Xbox Games with Gold games. When you renew your subscription, however, you’ll be able to play your Xbox Games with Gold games again.
If you own an Xbox 360, however, the rules are a little different. You’ll be able to continue playing your Xbox Games with Gold games, as long as you keep the game downloaded, regardless of whether you have a subscription or not.
Read Also: War Thunder Free Eagles App
What Is Xbox Live Gold Membership
Xbox Live Gold is Microsofts online gaming subscription service which a user must have to access online game modes on the Xbox One and Xbox 360. Besides the online gaming feature, Xbox Live Gold membership comes with some additional features as well. Xbox Live Gold members get to enjoy 3-4 free games at the start of every month. Along with that, Xbox Live Gold members also get special discounts on digital games. Microsoft allows users to enjoy a free Xbox Live Gold trial in order to get a glimpse on offer.
What Is Xbox Live Gold Membership And How Does It Work
Microsofts online gaming membership service, Xbox Live Gold, is required to play online game types on the Xbox One and Xbox 360. Aside from online gaming, Xbox Live Gold subscription includes a number of other benefits. At the beginning of each month, Xbox Live Gold subscribers get 3-4 free games. Members of Xbox Live Gold also get special discounts on digital games. Microsoft offers a free Xbox Live Gold trial to customers who want to see whats on offer.
Recommended Reading: Kay Jewelers Gold Exchange
Is The Xbox Live Gold Price Increasing
For one hot second the Xbox Live Gold price was increasing, however as of January 2021, that decision has been reversed . It seems the backlash was too great for Microsoft to put its costs up at this stage.
James Pickard is a Deals Editor at TechRadar. After many years of scouring the net for the cheapest games and tech for his own personal use, he decided to make it his job to share those bargains with you. James also has over five years of experience covering some of the biggest sales events of the year at Eurogamer and VG247, including Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Amazon Prime Day. When not deals hunting, James can be found on the PS5, watching a classic film noir or cheering on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Play Together With Xbox Live Gold
Build imaginative, awe-inspiring worlds with your friends. Compete in heart-pounding matches that require quick thinking and fast reflexes. Whether its competitive or cooperative gameplay on your console, Xbox Live Gold takes your game to the next level. Alone you are mighty. With others, youre Gold.
Recommended Reading: How To Get Free Eagles In War Thunder
Xbox Live Gold Price: What Do You Get For Your Cash
The main draw to that Xbox Live Gold price is access to online multiplayer, as it’s the only way to play co-operatively or competitively online on Xbox. However, there are other benefits included to sweeten the deal a little, like two free monthly games and exclusive discounts at the Microsoft Store as well.
Use Xbox Live Gold Free Trials
All new Xbox accounts are given a free Xbox Live Gold trial when they first log in to an Xbox Series X or Xbox One console. While you likely wont want to create an entirely new account to use for your gaming, you can create a new one to activate its free Xbox Live Gold trial, and then continue using your existing account to play online on the same console. Remember, only one account needs to have Xbox Live Gold for everyone to enjoy its benefits.
Your billing method will be charged when the trial period is over, so make sure to cancel your trial before then.
You May Like: Cancel Golds Gym Membership
How To Sign Up For Xbox Live Using The Xbox Website
1. On a computer with an internet connection, go to xbox.com.
2. Click on the account icon in the upper right corner, to the right of the shopping cart icon.
3. When asked to sign into your account, click “Create one!”
4. Type in the email address that you want to associate with your Xbox Live account. Click “Next” when you’re done.
5. Type in a password for your account and click “Next.”
6. Type your first and last name in the respective fields, then click “Next.”
7. Confirm your location and date of birth using the drop-down menus. When you’re finished, click “Next.”
8. Microsoft will send a verification email to the email address you used to sign up for Xbox Live. Log into your email account and check your inbox for the email. You’ll need the security code Microsoft sends you in order to finish creating your account.
10. Back on the Xbox website, enter the code you received in your email and click “Next.”
11. Complete the security exercise and click “Next” when you’re finished.
12. The next screen will ask you if you want to stay signed in once you leave the Xbox website. Click “Yes” or “No” depending on your preference.
13. On the next screen, click “I Accept” to confirm your information and complete the signup process.