Journee Collection Adair Sneaker $60
These kicks have style, and just a bit of discoloration on the sole for a slight nod to Golden Goose.
From DSW, the sneakers come in four different styles, all of which still have the same star and darker off-white sole. The red and black pair as seen above feature a trendy leopard star, while the other options include a blue and white sneaker with a leopard print back, a black and white pair with a burgundy star and a white and light pink pair with a black star and gray back.
Syktkmx Womens Glitter Fashion Sneakers
This is another excellent pair of sneakers thats so comparable to original Golden Goose. Well, it may not be distressed, per se, but the seamless pairing of silver glittering and a cute off-white truly make them look a little classic.
Being a high-top sneaker, this pair features a tattered aesthetic with platform soles. The stitched star on the side close to the toe box adds to the overall elegance. The Syktkmx Womens Glitter Fashion Sneakers are available in several color options and print combinations, such as leopard and snakeskin. Not to forget that they are budget-friendly in comparison to other models out there.
Why Would Anyone Want To Spend That Kind Of Money On Shoes That Are Already Dirty
- Trust me, this was my biggest question. If I was going to spend a fortune on a pair of shoes, I; wanted them to be crisp, clean and basically dipped in gold.haha! Joking but not The fact of the matter is that this is whats trending in fashion at the moment and to be honest, I actually love having the sneakers a little distressed. If you do scuff them up, no one can tell the difference. Ive had Eloise step on my GG sneakers multiple times, Ive spilled wine, beer and food on them and you cant tell the difference.
Also Check: How Much Is 18 Karat Gold Per Ounce
Are There Any Great Dupes Out There
- First and foremost, Im in NO WAY saying you need these shoes. Do I love them? Yes. Does that mean that you need to splurge? Nope! Im all for everyone spending their money on what they want to spend their money onno judgement here. And Im always about people getting a great deal too. So, with that being said, if you still want to have the look, but you dont want to spend the money, there are some great dupe options out there! Ive linked up a bunch of options below, but keep in mind, I havent tried all of these! My number one suggestion for the best GG dupes that Ive tried are the Steve Madden Rezza Sneaker. They feel pretty much exactly like my real GG sneakers when I wear them, they are insanely comfortable and they look pretty much identical. .
- The other more affordable option that are super comfy are the PP48 sneakers. These are still around $250-$300 but are the same Italian leather and are also so so comfy!
Whether you want to wear them with a dress, denim, shorts, overalls, or really anything..they look DANG cute! I hope that Ive helped answer your questions in this post and if anything, if the real deal arent for you, I hope you can find a fun dupe from this.
Whatever you love, can we get an applause that casual and comfy sneakers are on trend?! Im NOT a heels girl, so this is basically a dream for me!
If I didnt answer one of your questions, leave it in the comments below and Ill make sure to get to it!
How Do You Style Golden Goose Sneakers
This is what I love so much about these designer sneakersthey literally go with everything. You can wear Golden Goose sneakers with jeans, shorts, skirts, dressesthere is no limit to the amount of outfits you can dress with them! All you need is the best no show socks to wear with your Golden Goose, and you are good to go on the outfit front.
Don’t Miss: Does Kay Jewelers Sell Real Gold
Vintage Havana Grande Sneaker $90
For those who want a bunch of stylish options but a price under $100, Vintage Havana is your best bet.
Sold at Macys, the $90 shoes come in six different style combinations, using leopard print, crocodile, cheetah and snakeskin to create fun Golden Goose dupes that look just as hip. While they do not come pre-stained, the off-white sole is perfect for a DIY dirtying, and no one will be the wiser.
How To Find Discounted Golden Goose Sneakers
I know these shoes are VERY expensive so I wanted to share ways that you can pick up a pair for less.
These sneakers rarely go on sale but one place that has flash sales every once in a while is SSENSE. You can also check RueLala,Vestiare Collective, and Gilt for flash sales. Find bigger selections at Farfecth,Net-A-Porter, and SSENSE. Or shop places like Nordstrom,Shopbop, and Revolve.
If you still dont want to spend the money, theres a Steve Madden dupe Ive tried that looks VERY similar and is also very comfortable! Find more dupes below
Recommended Reading: How Much Is 10 Ounces Of Gold Worth
How Golden Goose Sneakers Are Made
On any given pair, the right shoe may not match the left shoe perfectly, and this is intentional. They are usually similar in terms of marks and distressing , but the patterns are not always identical.;See the photos above and below for more detail.
Keep in mind that the presentation and storage box is sometimes distressed as well and varies by model. This is important to note because this is not a defect or damage from shipping and handling.
Youll also notice the interior lining, which is not smooth leather or unvarnished suede leather, but rather a loopback cotton toweling material, which makes the shoes warm in the winter and cool in the summer for your feet. This is also a purposeful design feature so your sneakers are pleasant to wear year-round.
These are all subtle design cues that make Golden Goose sneakers so special.
What I Love About Them
- Besides the fact that these can go anywhere, get dirty and still look the same, here are some of the other reasons why I love them:
- The comfort: These sneakers are hands down my go-to travel shoe and they have been for the last 6 months. They match with everything, are extremely comfortable, I can walk for MILES in them with no issues and I feel like Ive already gotten my moneys worth based on how many times Ive worn them.
- The look: So Im 54 and its hard from me to find sneakers that dont make my legs look even shorter than they already are. These sneakers dont make me look stumpy but actually make my legs look longer.which of course I appreciate! They also literally match with everything. I brought these ones on my Europe trip and honestly shouldnt have packed any other shoes.I wore these the most!
- The individuality:;There are so many different & unique pairs so you can really have a great time finding the color, pattern and look of the sneaker you want!
You May Like: How To Buy Gold Certificates In Usa
My Favorite Retailers To Shop For Golden Goose Sneakers
There are a lot of different retailers out there who sell Golden Goose, but my favorites are;Farfetch;and;SSENSE. I find that they have the most diverse selection. If youre on the fence about them or overwhelmed with all of the different styles to choose from, I recommend trying out the minimalistic styles like the;silver,;gold or even a mix of silver/gold superstar sneakers. Or if youre looking for something a little wild and different, these leopard detail sneakers;are my most recent purchase and they are sooo fun.
In any case, if you find that Golden Goose sneakers arent for you, they do offer free shipping and returns so you wont have to take any losses. Although, I really think youll love them just as much as I do!
Could Golden Goose Sneakers Be The Perfect Sneaker For Me
The back story on this started years ago as I developed a pet peeve for super white sneakers. I know it sounds weird, but I have long skinny legs and size 9 feet so when I plop on a super clean, white pair of sneakers it looks like I have a spotlight shining on my feet. With sneakers becoming so fashionable, I was on the hunt for a pair, but didnt like any on my feet. ;When I spotted the first pair of Golden Goose, I fell in love with the distressed look. I continued to notice them in stores, on fellow bloggers and fashion forward friends. But that price tagOUCH! Even Amy thought I was crazy for even talking about it. As time went on I started thinking about them more and more, wondering if they would look cute on my big feetcould I have found a cute pair of shoe that didnt make me look like Gumby?;
Read Also: How To Invest In Gold Stocks
Are You Keeping Them
I spent a lot of time debating back and forth about whether to keep a pair and which pair to actually keep. Even though part of me wanted to go with the classic Golden Goose distressed look, they just didnt feel like me on! Maybe it was just the pair I tried, but I felt like they were almost too edgy for me and my wardrobe.
In the end I decided to keep the non-distressed Superstar. They are very comfortable and are super-classic in style. Out of all the sneakers I tried including my best sneakers of 2020 roundup, they were my absolute favorite.
One thing I am going to do to switch them up a bit is change the laces! When I was going back and forth between the two pairs, my mom suggested I try the grey laces that the distressed ones came with on the non-distressed pair. Once I made that swap, I was 100% convinced! They add just enough contrast while still being classic! These are the laces I ordered on Amazon, and I cant wait for them to arrive!
Do you have any other Golden Goose Sneakers questions? Let me know, and Ill add them here!;
The Verdict: Are They Really Worth The Money
I really did not think I would like Golden Goose sneakers. As I mentioned above, I fully expected to tell you to save your money and buy a different pair instead.
To my surprise, they are wonderful and incredibly comfortable! These sneakers are no doubt a splurge, but they are so worth it.
I can wear them with just about anything in my closet.; I wear them with dresses, skirts, shorts, jeans, and loungewear and they add a cool element to every look.; Their versatility allows me to wear them all of the time, which decreases their cost per wear something that I often consider when splurging on higher-priced items.
You May Like: What Is The Rate Of Gold
The Biggest Problem With Golden Goose Sneakers
I had shared on Instagram Stories that I saved up to get a pair of Golden Goose sneakers. I have been drooling over them for months and have read SO MANY blog posts about the pros and cons.
I researched, scoured and finally found the perfect pair I wanted- one that was season-less and versatile- because at this price point- they had better be! I stalked them on the UPS site and watched them travel their way to my doorstep. Opened the box and put them on. My glass slippers except
They werent comfy. WHAT?!
My heart sunk and I packed them back up to think on it. Luckily I had a few people share some things with me- and when I took their advice- everything changed- and I may have just found my soulmate sneaker.
Read on to see why I didnt return them!;There are so many times I am thankful for the Sunset Squad community, but this is one I wont forget. You saved me from returning my new favorite sneakers. These are life-changing moments here.Ive been in love Golden Goose sneakers for so long and saved up so I could get a pair. If youre unfamiliar, here is what makes them so special:
- They are Italian made and no two pair are the same;
- They have a platform inside that elongates legs, they are;the stilettos of sneakers, if you will.
- They come in tons of colors and styles
- Once they sell out, they are gone;
Do They Run True To Size
- All Golden Goose sneakers are in European sizing so it can be confusing. In all the Superstar style GG sneakers, Im my true size 37 and in the high top GG sneakers, I size down one and get a size 36. If you wear thick socks with the high tops, then get your true size. If you get your sneakers and they seem to slip, tighten the laces up. My first pair of Superstar slides I ordered in my true size 37 and they slipped so I thought they were too big. I returned them for a size down and my toe was touching the top of the shoe. So once I got my size 37 back and tightened the laces, they fit great.
Read Also: What Time Do Golden Globes Start
Do Golden Goose Sneakers Run Small Or Large
Golden Goose sneakers come in whole sizes .
If you are in between sizes or have narrow feet, we recommend going down a size: they tend to fit wider than other sneakers, and the difference in heel height slightly shrinks the length of the foot overall.;
If you have wider feet, and have trouble finding sneakers that fit just right, you will love Golden Goose! Go for your normal size, and enjoy the comfort .
An extra word on comfort: Golden Goose sneakers come pre-distressed and weathered, so you wont have to break them in. Simply wear them straight out of the box, and forget about sore feet and blisters!
If you have a job that requires you to stand all day, enjoy long walks or travel a lot, Golden Goose are the sneakers for you.
Why Is Golden Goose So Expensive
Golden Goose sneakers are expensive because of the way they are made and designed. The shoes are hand-finished by craftsmen, and certain models are made with high-quality Italian leather.
It might be fair to say that a lot of manufactures captured on the fact that these are some of the most sought after sneakers. That are in such high demand, its very difficult to find your size in stock, both men and women. So manufacturers found a way to fill the gap by creating their own version of Golden Goose look alikes.
You May Like: Are Gold’s Gym Treadmills Any Good
Caught In The Sun White And Silver Sneakers $46
For an all white look check out this stylish and affordable pair of kicks from Red Dress.
The white sneakers feature the iconic star in silver glitter, but the dirt and stains are up to you. For $46, you may as well get a pair to preserve in its clean white state and another to dirty up. They also come in a dusty rose color, for some more variety in your sneaker collection.
Golden Goose Courts Controversy
Distressed footwear has long been part of the uniform of those who play by their own rules or march to the beat of their own drums: grungy, edgy, and certainly against all the standard rules of fashion.;
However, there is edgy and there is going too far. Too far is where Golden Goose went in 2016 and again in 2018 when they released a pair of sneakers that looked more weather-worn than usual: in fact, what made these shoes distinct was the use of what appeared to be silvery duct tape keeping the shoes from falling to pieces.;
Read Also: How Much Is 5 Oz Of Gold Worth
Golden Goose Superstar Dupes On Shein
In all conscience, you will hardly go wrong with Shein. First, their products are incredibly priced at just $20 for an ideal pair of shoes, and speaking of quality, these shoes are well among the best in the range. Reviewers who bought a whole array of cheap Golden Goose dupes from Shein stated that they love all of them.
I Ordered A Pair Of Golden Goose
One thing I dislike more than super clean sneakers, is buyers remorse. Its the worst when you finally buy something and then wish you didnt. To avoid that, I took my time, looked for a pair I loved, and then stalked all the sales to find a deal. I was not having any luck finding the perfect pair so I went to my second option, and ordered a pair of GG dupes from Amazon. I felt good about the price but was not sure about how the quality would be. Well, they arrived and were super cute until I tried them on and the size 9 that I ordered fit more like a size 6. That evening, frustrated I started my search again and ran across a distressed, low top, white, and wait for itGLOW IN THE DARK pair of Golden Goose sneakers. The best part was they were ON SALE. The sizes were limited so I jumped up, grabbed my credit card and ordered them! I was so excited!
Don’t Miss: What Does An Ounce Of Gold Look Like