Gold As An Investment In Kolkata
Investments in gold have evolved over the centuries and gold now offers more investment avenues than ever before. Gold investments act to balance rising inflation, with changing gold rates negating any inflation which could creep in. Some of the popular gold investment options in Kolkata are mentioned below.
Trend Of Gold Rate In Kolkata For April 2021
- In Kolkata, gold opened the fifth week of March at Rs.4,692 per gram. There was a minimal increase in the price of the yellow metal when the rate was compared to the closing price of the previous week.
- Gold price slipped in the metropolitan city over the last two days of the month and closed at Rs.4,667 per gram.
- The overall performance of gold witnessed a declining trend in Kolkata.
- Gold price in Kolkata was Rs.4,742 per gram on 5 April and dipped by Rs.10 to Rs.4,732 per gram. The price of the metal remained the same on 7 April due to a mute trend seen in the market.
- On 8 April the price of the metal, increased to Rs.4,784 per gram and further crossed the Rs.4,800 per-gram mark at Rs.4,814 per gram on 9 April due to a weaker dollar value in the market.
- The price of the metal increased marginally on 10 April to Rs.4,815 per gram and at the end of the week was at its highest at Rs.4,855 per gram on 11 April, closing the week at the same rate with an overall incline.
Do Pawn Shops Pay Full Price For Gold
Keep in mind that as pawn shops also need to profit to keep the business going, you do not get the full price for your gold jewelry. You can get anywhere from 25% up. At Clark Pawners and Jewellers, we pay higher than the average gold and jewelry buyer.
Nevertheless, you can get a good offer by doing your research.
Your best bet when selling your gold jewelry is to get feedback and to always read reviews of pawn shops to get a fair deal.
Also Check: Can I Buy Gold Jewelry From Dubai Online
Trend Of Gold Rate In Kolkata For May 2021
May 2021 – Week 1 :
- Opening the month at Rs.4,880 per gram on 1 May, the gold rate in Kolkata showed an inclining trend for the week. On 2 May, the price of the metal increased marginally to Rs.4,881 per gram and declined substantially on 3 May to Rs.4,631 per gram.
- The price of the metal, on 4 May, recovered and crossed the Rs.4,900 per-gram mark at Rs.4,931 per gram. On 5 May, the gold rate in Kolkata hit its weekly high at Rs.4,932 per gram due to a weak dollar value in the market.
- At the end of the week, the gold rate declined to Rs.4,913 per gram on 6 May and closed the week at Rs.4,914 per gram on 7 May.
May 2021 – Week 2 :
- At the start of the second week of May, gold price in Kolkata was Rs.4,965 per gram. When compared to the closing price of the previous week, there was an increase of Rs.51 for every gram.
- The price of gold increased in the city over the next few days and recorded its highest price for the month till date on 11th May. On the mentioned day, a gram of the yellow metal cost Rs.4,975 in the metropolitan city.
- Gold price in Kolkata closed the week at Rs.4,970 per gram. The rate of gold witnessed an inclining trend in the city.
May 2021 – Week 3 :
May 2021 – Week 4 :
May 2021 – Week 5 :
Looking To Sell Gold In Bangalore Try This Place
We often end-up with gold that we do not use or is pretty much useless to us. In such cases it better to sell the gold or the jewelry that you have. If you have coins it is easy, because any jeweler will purchase the same. However, it ay be difficult to sell gold in Bangalore, if you do not have a receipt. There are some place like Attica Gold company which can buy your old scrapped gold. In case you have an emergency, you can also encash your old gold. They neither deduct any making charges nor do they melt your gold, which is a good way of surrendering gold. If you are looking to sell gold in Bangalore, Atttica would not be a bad place, as the company has branches in many places. The company also has branches in several other states of India like Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu etc. However, you should sell gold only if there is an emergency and not otherwise. It is extremely important to bring an ID proof along before you plan to sell your gold.
Also Check: How Many Grams In Oz Of Gold
How Much Is 22 Karat Gold Worth Jewelry And Coins
If you plan on selling your items, you probably want to find out how much 22 karat gold is worth. You probably also want to know if there is a difference between gold jewelry and gold coins. And there is a difference: for 22 karat gold coins, you can get paid 5% more than for 22 karat gold jewelry. This seems odd, because obviously more work was put into the gold jewelry than the coin, but because a gold coin is a kind of monetary instrument, coins sell for more money.
What Do I Need To Know When I Am Buying Gold Jewelry For The First Time In Bangalore
Its better to have knowledge about the thing before you start spending money on it. When it comes to precious things such as gold its better to have a very clear idea. As you will be spending a lot of money over that. Here are things you should be checking, before buying gold in Bangalore.
1) First thing come is purity. In Bangalore most commonly sold jewelry is 22 karats gold jewelry. So first you should have in mind is what is the gold rate in Bangalore on that day. As the gold rates in Bangalore will be changing every day, better to rely on a website which gives gold rates in Bangalore accurately such as goodreturns.in
2) It is very important to check for BIS hallmark on the jewelry you are buying. If you are buying gold jewellery for the first time you must know that BIS hallmark is given by the government of India certifying that the gold is as pure as the karats mentioned on it.
3) There will be something called making charges and wastage charges for the gold jewelry.
This is charged by every jeweler. It is better you ask the jeweler even you can check it on the bill. Note the making or wastage charges will be same for all jewelry. Before you do the paymet, please ensure that you now how much has been charged by the jeweller.
5) As you are making an expensive transaction, so it is better to ensure that the gold jewelry you are buying is unique and timeless!
You May Like: Does Kay Jewelers Sell Real Gold
Where To Buy Gold In Bangalore
Gold prices in Bangalore have seen a great run through the year, thanks to a rally in gold prices in the international market. There are a number of places where you can buy gold in Bangalore. You have the MG Road, where there are a number of jeweler shops.
Apart from that you have Bhima Jewellers, R R Gold Palace at Jayanagar. You also have a number of gold shops including Jos Alukkas on Dickenson Road. In fact, you have a number of Tanishq chains as well spread across the city.
You can also buy gold jewelery online, which could be relatively cheaper than visiting the gold shop. However, you need to assure yourself that the item your buying has the highest level of purity, so that you are not duped. There is no way you can check hallmarked gold online, unless you really buy it from a reputed jeweler.
Gold Price Per Gram Today
How much is a gram of gold? This page displays the current gold price per gram for everything from 6k all the way to 24k gold. Prices are for grams and value is that of the US Dollar. Bookmark us now hit Ctrl+D. Please share and like this page as well. How to use this page? Review the table below …Read More »
Also Check: How Much Is 14k Italian Gold Worth
Gold Schemes In Bangalore
You can buy gold through a number of gold schemes in Bangalore. This include famous jewelers like Bhima and GRT. These days the schemes have been altered by most jewelers in the city, following a drop in the interest rates. You have to now go beyond the 10 and 11 month schemes that we were paying earlier. You can get some discount on the marking charges, when you buy gold. However, do not expect too many other freebies. Gold prices in Bangalore are unlikely to change, and the scheme can lock money on the day you invest in the scheme. What this means is that if you pay your installment when gold prices were at say for example Rs 28,000. The money gets locked-in at those levels. This does not make much sense, if prices are falling, because you would tend to lose money. However, if gold prices rise, you tend to make money.
Trend Of Gold Rate In Kolkata For January 2021
- Opening the year at Rs.5,068 per gram, gold rate in Kolkata recorded an inclining trend for the first week of 2021. The price of the metal increased on 2 January at Rs.5,088 per gram and remained steady on the following day.
- The metalâs price inclined to cross the Rs.5,200 per-gram mark on 4 January at Rs.5,220 per gram and increased to Rs.5,286 per gram on 5 January. The metal hit its highest price of the week on 6 January at Rs.5,237 per gram.
- At the end of the week, the metalâs price dipped to Rs.5,321 per gram and further to Rs.5,290 per gram on 8 January, closing at the same price on 9 January.
- In Kolkata, a gram of 24-karat gold was retailed for Rs.5,151 on 10th January. When compared to the closing price of the previous week, the rate was down by Rs.139 for every gram.
- The price of gold slipped again the next day before increasing gradually over the next two days. Gold was priced Rs.5,169 per gram on 13th January before rates slipped again in the metropolitan city.
- Gold rate in Kolkata closed the week at Rs.5,111 per gram. The overall performance of the yellow metal in the city was one of incline.
You May Like: How Many Grams Is 1 10 Oz Of Gold
How To Calculate The Price Of Gold Jewelry
The formula for calculation of gold jewelry price is Simple formula = Gold Rate + Making Cost + Tax Detailed formula =Gold price per gram of desired Karat X + Jewelry Making cost + Tax Let suppose you want to buy 22 Karat gold jewellery, then Gold price per Oz of 22k: 2000 USD Number of Oz: 2Gold price of 2 Oz = 2 * 2000 =4000 Jewelry Making cost: 2%, then = 40 Tax: 5%, then * 5/100 =202 =4000 + 40 + 202 =4242Note: we used Oz in our calculation, but you can also use other weight units like gram, tola, etc.
Why People In Banglore Buy And Sell Gold Coins
Individuals in Bangalore buys and sell gold coins for many reasons depending upon the requirement of the individual. Few individuals sell and buy gold coins as an Investment, while a few buy and sell as a safety measure. A few buy gold as an Insurance.
Individuals who buy gold as an investment are mostly investors. Just like stocks they buy gold whenever the gold rates in Bangalore are low, wait until gold rates in Bangalore go high then sell it. They Specifically buy and sell gold coins, not jewelry because. In jewelry there will be various charges such as making charges and wastage charges which the investor will be paying while buying the gold jewellery but he will not get those charges while selling, so it is a loss to the investor. That is the reason investors prefer to buy gold coins than jewellery.
The reason behind individuals buying and selling gold as a safety measure because after a move such as demonetization there is no guarantee for paper currency. So, in future, if such a move happens again., the one who is holding gold coins in the place of paper currency will be hassle free.
Also Check: How To Sell Gold Bars Rdr2 Online
When Down The Gold Price In Bangladesh
We know the gold is a product. We also know the price of any product fluctuate. It can be any time and any place. So if we want to buy any product, we need to know about it. Similarly when we want to purchase any Gold jewellery we have to know about the price. Because the price is fluctuate always. Some time its rise and some time its down.
But the gold price fluctuation is depends on some matter. If we find this matter, we can catch when the gold price is reasonable. So now i talk about this matter that responsible for Gold price down in Bangladesh.
Gold: A Great Diversification Strategy In Bangalore
If you are looking to diversify your assets there is no better strategy to have then to diversify the same through buying into gold. This is possibly the best mechanism that you could have and should be a strategy that could pay-off in the future. Just imagine what would happen, if you put all your eggs in one basket. It could lead to severe losses in time of crisis and hence it makes sense to buy into gold as well. The best way that we would advocate is to go in for the gold etfs, wherein you would have a plethora of options in the city of Bangalore. Now the one reason that we keep on harping to buy gold in bangalore is simply because we have the gold ETFs, which are easily available and are also easy to sell. If you are looking to buy Gold ETFs in Bangalore, you first need to talk to your broker who would assist you in buying. Just use the same procedure of how you buy shares. These Gold ETFs would be held by you in the electronic form. Go for them, as you can easily sell them when the need arises. Easy and good to buy and hold. Remember, that gold loans is slightly more higher priced then most other loans like home loans and car loans, so be a little cautious when you want to buy into the same. Go for an approach of buying on declines. So, buy at lower rates is a good idea for gold lovers in Bangalore.
Recommended Reading: How To Buy Wow Gold Without Getting Banned
Why Do Gold Prices In Bangalore Different From Other Cities In India
In India, there are different local tarrifs for gold in different localities. Some Individuals think that they are set in the top port cities like Mumbai, Chennai, and Kolkata, which helps too reduce prices as transport costs reduce. They have an assumption that as these are port areas and they import so they are going to see gold prices in India. That isn’t true.
There will be a different gold jewelers association in every single city. These associations set gold rates in their respective city. Same thing happens in Bangalore. Bangalore has a gold association which sets gold rates in Bangalore every day.
The members of this association will be the top jewelers in the city and other officials.
They set gold rates in Bangalore every day which you can check on good returns.in
They set gold rates in Bangalore by considering few parameters because of those parameters the gold rates from city to city change. There are few duties and local tariffs due to which prices of gold in Bangalore is different from other cities.
When tariffs and duties are raised by the government, there will be chances that the price of gold in Bangalore will go higher and vice versa. In order to curb excessive consumption of this precious metal in the past the government has raised the duties on it.
Trend Of Gold Rate In Kolkata For November 2021
- Gold price in Kolkata opened the first week of November at Rs.4,877 per gram. The price of the yellow metal was unchanged in the metropolitan city when the rate was compared to the closing price of the previous month.
- While the price of gold witnessed a marginal increase the next day, it slipped on 3rd November and recorded the lowest price for the month so far. A gram of 24-karat was priced Rs.4,862 per gram.
- Gold price in the metropolitan city increased again on 5th and 6th November and closed the week at Rs.4,919 per gram. The closing price was the highest price for the month of November so far. The overall performance of gold in Kolkata witnessed an inclining trend.
- Gold price in Kolkata was Rs.4,919 per gram on 8th November. The price of gold in the metropolitan city was similar to the one charged at the end of the previous week.
- The price of the yellow metal dropped on 9th November and was priced at Rs.4,909 per gram. The rate increased over the remainder of the week and recorded the highest price for the month so far on 13th November. On the mentioned date, a gram of 24-karat gold cost Rs.5,024.
- Gold closed the second week of November at the same price after the price remained stagnant on the final day. An inclining trend was witnessed in the overall performance of gold in Kolkata.
You May Like: How Much Does Xbox Gold Cost